Thursday, September 27, 2012

The Fear of a Letdown

With the completion of the first week almost here, I look back on the week that was. This journey of mine was suppose to start a week earlier, after a phone call from Gary. We talked for a long time about my fitness goals, current eating habits, and daily schedule. For the week that followed, I kept finding excuses to sleep in and not get up and get my day started right. When Sunday came around, and it was time for Gary to call and check in, I was embarrassed with myself for not hardly working out at all. You can make anything sound reasonable in your head, but when you are trying to tell your friend why you became lazy and didn't follow thru, those excuses become hollow and forgotten!!

We altered our plan just a bit. Sarah and I now consume a breakfast of eggs, mixed veggies, and a cup of coffee with cinnamon. On top of that, I text Gary every morning to tell him what I did for the morning, and he does the same in the evening. He also sends a little motivation my way. As of today, I have woken every morning at 4am and completed my workout. I have also spent 2 nights this week completing an ab and core workout, and a yoga style class. I can honestly say it's been a long time since I have felt this good. Although the weight hasn't started to come off yet, I just physically and mentally feel better. The soreness actually feels good. Doing Rushfit has been very helpful as far as following a schedule,. I also know it is working because of the muscle soreness I am getting from many areas I usually don't pay attention too. I'm not going to sit here and fill your head with BS. I found the first day hard to complete, having to take a little break during the third round, but I did finish the rest of it. This morning, I had to complete the same workout as Monday, and I did even better. I'm able to pick up the intensity a little bit too. Tomorrow is an exciting day because I am doing a workout I have never done before. Should be interesting to say the least. Saturday, I have a cardio session and a balance and agility workout. Let's finish this week strong and get ready for a new week with more breakthrough's


Time to get RESURRECTED

No comments:

Post a Comment