Monday, October 1, 2012

The Week That Was!

Yeah, I know, I stole that title from somewhere else. So sue me!! I completed the first week of Rushfit, and have felt great. I only did 5 days worth, and skipped the weekend balance workout. I did to a little running and playing Frisbee on Sunday with the family, so I definitely got some sweating in. What lessons did I learn from last week?

#1 Having daily check in's with someone you respect sure makes you jump up in the morning.
#2 Getting up at 4am isn't as bad as it sounds.
#3 Working out that early, gives me much needed family time after work.
#4 I can actually do this with every once of effort I can muster.

I start my second week eating the same breakfast as last week. I've gotten use to it now, and actually look forward to it. I haven't lost much in the weight department, but I'm sure it will start coming off now that I am in week 2. This weeks workouts are a lot more cardio based, so I should start to see it more. I have fight conditioning tonight, then cardio in the morning, followed by stretching and flexibility in the evening. The next few days will be tough with a couple of 2-a-days, but nothing that is not doable.

On a side note, I was talking to Gary last week, and we working on signing up for Tough Mudder in October 2013, and he wanted me to go ahead and sign up for the Austin one in April. I didn't expect to complete 2 next year, but why not. If I am set on meeting my goals. Its the only way. Stay tuned for more.


I will not stop until I reach my goal!!

No comments:

Post a Comment